Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

HDCleaner

Everybody is keen in maintaining their computers from junk files, viruses and spywares.

I was googling for some utilities that will cleanup my computer's junk files and make it faster.

After a good search I got "HDCleaner" utility, which was nice.

I didn't have trouble with the features that were available with this product and it did a good work in cleaning the files.

But, I faced problem when I was using "Clean Duplicate files" feature. It showed me some duplicate files and I thought it was real and deleted them. Only after restarting the computer I came to know that the feature has done something wrong with my computer.

The first thing I noticed is my login screen "Ctrl+Alt+Del" window was streaching throught my window. I came to know that video driver is corrupted. After logging in, I saw sound driver, wireless driver, and other drivers were too corrupted. This happened only after using the duplicate file deletion feature that is available in HDCleaner.

It also corrupted most of the programs from even starting. I used Mozilla browser and had a lot of Bookmarks in it. It failed to start. Coming are the list of programs that got corrupted by using HDCleaner:
1. Mozilla browser.
2. Yahoo Messenger.
3. Yahoo Friend.
4. Touchpad.
....
....
....
The list goes by.

My advise to the users is that use the features other than the delete duplicate files one.

No comments: